Saturday, December 8, 2012

Hawaii - Day 1

Fuck me, its 6 AM right now... our flight is at 9AM, I hate early flights they suck!

before we packed all our stuff
 Me and Ashley are sharing the suitcase

At least my side luggage is packed :D

**********

Took a while to get to the airport because the GPS on Ashley's phone and her husbands phone sucked and took us to random places lol we made like two large circles around the Airport, Seattle should consider getting new signs...

On the way to the airport at 7AM

 In line to give Hawaiian Airlines our Baggage

 On the way to the gate!

I look horrible today! didn't wash my hair lol

Security and boarding was smooth no hiccups there, the flight on the other hand was a different story... We sat in the middle row that had three seats with some random guy.

 The guy on the left brought his own thermos and kept asking the flight attendants 
to fill it up with coffee and near the end of the flight he was in the bathroom for like 40 minutes lol

 I don't really like flying with airlines that don't have your own private screen
Plus they were playing some weird movie and stuff about Hawaii...
looked boring.. I know I'm a snob

 We didn't get an in-flight meal but we got these pretty snack boxes

 But the stuff inside tasted weird... especially the cookie lol
I bought the drink at a concession stand at the airport

WTF is this. Seriously the fucking guy who made this 
probably just cut up half a brick of butter and just slapped it in there.

The guy that was sitting beside Ashley wasn't sure what it was and took off a chunk of it and ate it and was like nope! lol

**********

The airport in Hawaii is a little different than any of the ones I've been to. We had to take this bus to pick up our baggage or walk there which would've taken us approximately 25 minutes. Then we hopped on this bus that dropped us off at the hotel.

 Riding the bus to pick up our baggage

 The first time I saw a real palm tree! :D

 The bus we rode

 Got free shell necklaces.. Steve wanted me to get him some so... done! lol

 For some reason I always thought Hawaii would be more lush..

 Tons of portable bathrooms because there's a marathon tomorrow

I think it took about 20 minutes or so to arrive at the hotel which on the outside looks really pretty but the hotel room is alright.. lol reminds me of this super cheap motel me and Steve stayed at in Spokane.

But I guess I shouldn't have expected much seeing as this was an old historic building.

 Murder Hallway lol

Since its December they put up tons of Christmas decorations up which seems a little off to me just because its summer weather here.

 We got complimentary water and ice bucket lol
plus there's a small TV and dresser

The bathroom looks exactly like the one me and Steve used
at the motel in Spokane lol

Super tiny

Room comes with a safe and mini fridge in the closet
Also complimentary slippers, hair dryer and robes in there too

 Our big bed... yeah we unpacked before I took a nice photo lol

 Little desk


 Our view outside, we could probably spy on people across the street if we wanted to.
I guess that's another benefit to ocean view rooms lol

I don't know if you can tell but this chair has tons of stains in it LOL
 yeah.. not sitting there

Helloooo

 Us wandering around!

 Ashley wanted to eat Puka dogs (that what its called?) so she guided the way
and we went through the market place

There are TONS of Japanese tourists here
The stores here do cater to them a lot, there are lots of Japanese writing and speakers.

The market place reminds me of the night market in Richmond

Koi fish pond!
The fishes in here are so fucking fat lol

 So the guy in the red cap (if you can find him) will charge you $1 if you take a picture of his fucking birds. Seriously, he didn't catch me or anything but he has signs up that say that plus if you give him $12 he'll take 5 photos of you with the birds O_O what a fucking rip off. Such a scam.

 This is the hot dog place Ashley keeps talking about

 You get a choice of a Polish hot dog or a Vegetarian one

 I like that the sauces are dispensed like soda lol

 The bun isn't cut in the middle which is cool there's a hole and they just stick the hot dog in and its filled with whatever sauce you picked which I thought was pretty neat

We also wandered around the Galleria which is full of luxury brand goods

We didn't really do much this first day just wandered around really. My throat is killing me I seriously don't know how I got it I'm not sick either which is weird, I just have a fucking cough and sore throat which I hope will go away by Monday because we're going snorkeling and I think its going to effect me. I should go find a pharmacy and hopefully they can give me something. We also got some stuff at the convenience store just in case we get hungry/thirsty... and booze lol. More exploring tomorrow!

Don't Forget To:

Follow us on Twitter!

Send me an Email about products you'd like to see me try!

Check out our Instagram @ StylePop101

No comments:

Post a Comment