Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Craigslist Scammers Part 2

I meant to write more for the previous post but I was so tired.
I swear I have undiagnosed ADD or something because my mind just wanders and I write about the most random crap lol (hence the Iphone cases lol)

Anyways, I did write a little bit about what happened to Steve when he tried to sell his car on craigslist. I did some googling and this is what they generally say:


Hi there, Thank you for getting back to me.
Can you assure me that is in good state and that i will not be disappointed with it.
I'm ready to pay your asking price and to be honest, 
i wanted to buy this for my Dad and he is a mechanic, 
but the issue is I'm a marine biologist and i do have a contract to go for
 which starts tomorrow and am leaving any moment from now.
The contract is strictly no call due to the lack of reception on the sea area. 
But I'm able to access email anytime as we will make use of laptop 
so my only quickest payment option is PayPal as i can send money via PayPal anytime.
Since I'm requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, 
i will be responsible for all the pay pal fee/charges on this transaction 
and if you don't have an account with paypal,its pretty easy, safe and secured to open one. 
Just log on to www.paypal.com. I hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible? 
I have a mover that will come for it once payment clears and they will be handling the title for me. i will like to see more pics i look forward to hear back from you soon.

Your PayPal e-Mail Address :
Full name:
Firm Price:

God bless you ..

Not very original yes?  you would think they would be more cunning now that people can easily google this lol. One day some guy that's a real marine biologist going on a real mission in Nigeria is going to be like "why doesn't anyone want to sell me anything?" LOL

This one is a bit different, they want to "send" you money first so it seems legit at first, anyways I'm not sure how the process works if you actually did provide all your information to them.

Google to the rescue! Apparently "paypal" will send you an email asking you for an "acceptance fee" which paypal will never ask you for. In the end what really happens is that you are actually stealing funds from another person's REAL account and YOU will eventually have to pay them back after they realize that you stole their money. Which gets me thinking, how the hell did these scammers get a hold of this person's paypal account? (scam within a scam? lol)

**********
Like a year ago me and Steve were looking for an apartment in Burnaby (one of the more affordable areas to live in) and I was looking on Craigslist. I messaged a few nice ones (its like 1 bedroom for $850) something like that which isn't too farfetched for that area and the people didn't leave numbers and basically the fucking asshole who was messaging me wrote (something along the lines of):

"I'm currently on a business trip in South Africa/Nigeria/Europe (whatever) so I cannot show you the apartment, if you are interested you can send me money (via western union, money gram, paypal) and I will send you the key"

I'm like FUCK OFF seriously, you would think at least one would be legit, I messaged like 20 people one day and they're all fucking scammers! Does anyone actually fall for this one? this is probably the sketchiest one!

**********

I think this is typically for people who want to work as an assistant of some type in an office setting. What weirds me out about this one is that they ask you for your address and that you've already sent them your resume >.<

FULL NAME
FULL MAILING ADDRESS
CITY,STATE, ZIP CODE
HOME PHONE NUMBER
MOBILE NUMBER

Generally I think you would write down all your contact info in your resume so why would they be asking you this? I have read that some people will ask you for an identification photo (umm wtf, if you actually send that to them then you deserve to be scammed! WTF) what the hell do they need that for? to track you down in your neighbourhood and blackmail you?

**********
These are the scams that I've seen I'm sure there's like a hundred more out there. I guess they kind of work since these scammers post the same thing over and over.

Now what I wonder is wtf do people do after they get scammed? cops probably won't do shit since its over the internet and chances are if you are sending money through Western Union its through your own freewill, they're not coercing you to do it so you can't really do anything. The bank won't give a shit unless you can't pay the money back then the credit bureau will come and get you. Maybe if you get media attention something good can come out of it but I doubt it. Good luck.

Dear scammers: FUCK YOU!

Don't Forget To:
Follow us on Twitter!
Check out our Tumblr Blog!
Follow our Instagram @ StylePop101!

No comments:

Post a Comment