Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Self Righteous Parent

Everyone deals with people like this
There's no reasoning with that person because they just either don't believe you or they have such strong beliefs of their own that their perception of the situation is so warped that their way of thinking is not straight on and doesn't make sense

Steve's mom has been here since the 26th of December (as I've mentioned before) and she's caused so many fucking problems already. I don't know if she has a mental issue or she's just fucking inconsiderate (probably both) but something is definitely not right there.

For two days now she's been freaking out at him for failing his cbsa exam (border services) and not getting a job (this was like a year ago) and he is still going to school. She keeps ridiculing him for not staying in university and said to him if he doesn't get the job he's going for in February then he has to quit school in Canada and live in Korea, wtf.


"Everyone else has kids who have finished university and are looking for jobs what are you doing? wasting your time with your friends"

Its not like he isn't trying to get a job I mean he's a student at JIBC, he's also applying for jobs and works part-time. Its not that he's fucking lazy I think he is entitled a few days off, especially on his birthday (it was his birthday on new years day).

I have to say, if you don't get a job it doesn't mean you have to move halfway across the world to study english (he's fucking fluent lol) and compared to Canada, Korea is probably not the best place to study english, probably engrish.

Plus you don't move someone halfway across the world because they didn't get a job, maybe if they were addicted to drugs and you want them to go to rehab and not have access to the environment they were in wtf lol.

"I'm your parent and you should do what I say"

Every time a friend of mine tells me that their parent has said this I get angry. Just because you are a parent doesn't mean you are a good one. Anybody can be a parent (for example a 12 year old girl that got accidentally pregnant) but not everyone is a good parent.

To me Steve's mom has the maturity of a 15 year old girl, and if she doesn't get what she wants she calls daddy (aka Steve's dad lol) She was never ready to have kids and still isn't.

I have to be honest, Steve isn't the best human in the world lol, his parents have warped his mind a little bit but he is slowly adapting to the culture here but I know some things in his mind will never change or will slowly change. If you don't adapt to the world then you will be the outcast

"I'm your parent so you have to give me money and I have to live with you when I am old"

I'm serious about this: If your parent ever tells you that you owe them something (money, making you let them live with you) then they are pieces of shit. I'm fucking serious, you don't owe them ANYTHING. If your parent only had you to take care of them when they're older what does that say? basically they had you for their own selfish needs. Its not a right/obligation to have kids, just because you can it doesn't always mean you should.

Somebody told me: In Korea, before you get married you have to live with your husbands parents for a month or two so their mom can teach you how to be a good housewife. Because the man has to take care of the family by providing the money.

So I blame his mom for his faults LOL

I told Steve if his mom continues to say these things then I'm going to have to ask her to leave and not come back to the house and if she refuses then I'll call the cops. At this point and time Steve is ok with that.

Opinions?

Don't Forget To:

Follow us on Twitter

Send me an Email about anything!

Check out our Instagram @StylePop101

No comments:

Post a Comment