Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Car Salesmen

No I'm not getting a car, I don't even have my fucking license lol. I should really get on that... but I have been looking at driving schools.

Steve has been looking for a car for a while now, mainly because his mom can't drive a manual car and she's been nagging him non-stop for him to give her rides to wherever and its interrupting his school/work schedule as well as stressing the shit out of him. Plus we can't really go out without her calling us and telling us to get her something and bring her somewhere >.< "where are you?" "Are you coming home soon?" "eat dinner at home, don't eat out" STFU lah!

 Me and Steve always take walks around the automall just to look and spend some time with each other, we used to walk Athena (our German shepherd T_T) there. A few times Steve would find something both him and his mom would like, he would take a photo and show it to his mom and she would say ok lets go see it. We would go see it and then she would change her mind because the car salesman would be too aggressive.

Last night we went to Destination Mazda in Vancouver because according to their website they had a car that Steve liked and he's been looking for, for a while now. We casually walked their used car lot and as soon as we headed near the front a salesman comes out and says "is there anything I can help you with?" which is quite typical I would think. We just said "we are just looking" and he starts following us... Steve got weirded out and just asked if they had what he was looking for. The gentleman took us inside and flipped through some book and told us that it was gone (which we already assumed since it wasn't in the used car lot) so we were like "ok that's fine we were just looking anyways" and we headed out.

As soon as we headed out the guy runs after us and asks "why are you looking for that car? we have this other car you can see" Steve said "no that's fine, we came to see this car" and the guy got super pissy and said "Are you looking to buy a car or what?" Steve says "Eventually but we wanted to see if you had this" he says back "why did you even come if you are not going to look at other cars" Anyways long story short... Steve got mad at the guy for being rude and pushy and the guy got mad at Steve for not looking at other cars, lol.

Ok, I've worked in retail (which I HATED lol) and if I could buy a car online with no sales pressure, I would. I understand this guy is on commission but the experience with this guy made it so I never want to set foot on that lot ever again. I hate that as soon as a salesman see you "you are their customer" automatically like come on. I think I am entitled to pick who gets my commission.

When you set out to look for a car I would generally think that you would do a little research on what kind of car you want, what price range it's in, designs, etc etc. I mean if I'm gonna spend over $10,000 I would want to do the research unless I was a millionaire. But really if you decide you want to buy a car would you do online research? or would you just randomly go down to any dealership and roam around? Personally I would do my research first and then go down there.

When the time comes and I find a car that I want to purchase I'm going to have to filter the salesmen really really good lol.

How was your experience purchasing your car? Did you feel pressured?

Don't Forget To:

Follow me on Twitter!

Email me for future posts!

Check out my Instagram @StylePop101

Visit Ashley's Blog to get fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment