Saturday, January 12, 2013

Retail Sucks


This is for all of you who shop (who doesn't?) and for those who potentially want to work in retail.

I ran into an old co-worker of mine that I haven’t seen in a few months. We chatted a bit and I asked him if he quit Future Shop (equivalent of Best Buy and owned by Best Buy) he said hell yes lol he quit a few months ago and he’s so glad he did.

He told me how pissed off the customer service girls were at me and how I “betrayed their trust” because I left and I was like wtf? I told them I was leaving. Right before I left for Korea I told them that my last shift was that one and that I wasn’t going to come back and work, I guess they thought I was being sarcastic... wtf.

Even before I left, everyone knew how much I hated working there, seriously, I don’t know how many times I wanted to quit. When the temporary store opened during the renovations I HATED WORKING THERE SO MUCH. There was nothing to do, ever! even before the renovations too. They made me read SOP’s everyday about the same crap everyday and I don’t know how obvious I made it but I made it clear that I did not have an interest whatsoever in learning about the company and its policies. A lot of the girls weren't comfortable giving out their names over the phone to random customers and I was one of them, some people would say its "good customer service" but to me I seriously just don't want to give my name over the phone to strangers plus some random customer can come in and say that I gave them some false promises wtf.

When I worked there I really think the management was really shitty. I honestly think the management is made up of people who had no life goals or failed school and had no other options because of their lack of leadership skills and logic when it comes to handling employees and customers. Which most of it is true because most people who have a bachelor's degree don't think to themselves "I wanna work at future shop after I finish school" wtf lol. The management is made up of people who used to work as sales associates and customer service reps and from what I hear its quite easy to move up in the company. Basically if you are a high school student you can become management one day because having a college degree doesn't matter.

**********

My heart really goes out for those people who work in retail, people who have never worked in retail just think that they can get away with anything (late returns/ridiculous exchanges) because "the customer is always right" that just pisses me off. I don't go to your business and freak out about your policies.

Plus I love the "I'm better than you" attitude customers give you and the "I spend lots of money here all the time!" its like well fuck I'm not forcing you to buy from here and its your choice where you spend your money. I really think people are fucking lazy assholes lol, seriously most places will be ok with you returning things a few days after the 14/30 day policy but not more than a week if your really nice enough (its still irritating though) but if you are a super big asshole then what do you expect? everyone has the same amount of time to return shit, its just ridiculous.

Also when your laptop breaks after a year of having it do you really fucking think ANY store will exchange it for you? or fix it for free? NO! even if you dropped/dented your laptop after a day of having it. Unless you get a extended warranty but even then they don't even cover everything.

I remember my first shift at Future Shop (in Vancouver), someone comes up to me and asks me where a hauppauge (a computer video recorder thing?) is and I have never heard of this thing before and didn't know this thing existed lol and I asked the customer (who is an older gentleman with like a 13 year old son) what it does and the guys son tells me what it does (he said he wanted to use it to record himself playing video games and then put it on youtube) so I figured it would be in the computer section but the salesman didn't know wtf it was either so he brought him back to me WTF didn't even try >.< and I try to search it on the computer and didn't know how the fuck to spell it and asked him and the guy freaks out and says "I DON'T LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE, IF YOU DON'T KNOW I'LL FIND SOMEONE ELSE WHO DOES" and I'm like WTF, I'm trying to fucking help you and you're not even putting any effort to help me help you! fucking asshole! GRARRRGH!! I hope karma got him and he's homeless now with his hauppauge lol.

Work in retail? whats the most ridiculous thing someone has said to you?

PS. what is with the font on this? o_O wtf lol

Don't Forget To:

Follow us on Twitter!

Email me about things you would like to see me feature!

Check out my Instagram @StylePop101

Visit Ashley's Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment