Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Revlon: Super Lustrous Lipstick

Finally testing out the DSLR
I think I need a new lens lol

Second Revlon product review! Last time I wrote about the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lipsticks, if you read my most recent haul post you will remember that I picked some of these up. I've only actually opened one to test it before I bought a whole bunch but I like them a lot. So basically the one I'm reviewing today is #473 Mauvy Night.

 Need a better lens lol

I don't know why I chose this one.. lol I wasn't really into the whole mauve look some girls were sporting on youtube but this shade isn't as dark as some of the shades some girls are wearing. Some sites have photos of this product but the shade of mauve looks so much darker than it really is, so it seems misleading.

I chose this shade of mauve because it isn't so dark

I decided to pick these up since I wanted to try some lipsticks. I used the revlon just kissable lip balms before and liked them a lot but I wanted something less moisturizing lol, I find that the really moisturizing lip colors tend to rub off more easily, but I wanted something more pigmented and more long lasting. Plus this is smaller/compact to carry around. 

I'm not a fan of lip glosses and things with shimmer so this was a good start for me, I think the last time I bought a lipstick was like 4 years ago by urban decay and it had shimmer and smelled weird lol so I never touched a lipstick (or any makeup) since then.

In terms of it being long lasting.. it lasts longer than the just kissable lip balms but don't count on it being super long wearing unless you plan on not eating or drinking lol. So yes it does rub off easily after you take a sip of stuff, leaves a fine layer on cups lol. I find after a while it does feel a little drying so I put on a bit of lip balm on before I apply the lipstick, not too much or it'll look weird. However color pay off is really good and its so smooth to apply.

These are SO AFFORDABLE!!!!!!!! I got them for like $5! So if you like collecting lip colors I would suggest these. I want to purchase a bunch more when I go back to visit Ashley ^__^ I want to pick up a few nude shades as well as some pinks.

 Without lipstick and with
(can you see how blotchy my skin is?)

I think naturally I have pinky lips I think if I want the color to pop even more I'll have to apply something that will make my lips nude. Its not very purple either its quite subtle which I like. When I used the Just Kissable Lip Balms I had a shade in pink (015 Cherish) and it was so subtle it looked like it did nothing for my lips lol, I was like ok this is basically like a lip balm with very little tint lol.

Overall I like these a lot and they're very affordable so get collecting! I definitely will be repurchasing and adding to my small collection!

Sorry for the lack of updates can't write as much as I did before since Steve's mom is here and Steve is finished school now so he's home quite a bit too so I write in bed when he's asleep lol.

On another note, I've surpassed 5000 views on this blog! Hurray!!! I know its not much since its been like almost a year since I started this blog lol, wait till the 1 year mark and I'll do a small giveaway! (I'm poor sorry! LOL)


Don't Forget To:

Follow me on Twitter!

Email me for future posts!

Check out my Instagram @StylePop101

No comments:

Post a Comment