Saturday, May 4, 2013

Dog, The District and More!

Wow the year has gone by so fast already! Almost half the year gone!

 She's a 1 year old Toy Pomeranian
Steve likes to scare here with the helmet, I have no idea why she gets so scared of it lol

I think I mentioned before that Steve's mom is here and his sister had visited.. So far there hasn't been any major issues besides the dog thing... If the dog is left alone as in we're asleep and Steve's mom is in the bathroom or something she will start barking and its super annoying. I'm a little worried that our tenant will move out because of this dog but I told Steve that if she moves out then the dog has to go too lol.

When his sister was here for some reason his mom decided she wanted to go for a drive to Squamish and I thought it was a stupid idea and a huge waste of time. There was nothing to see, we stopped at Shannon falls and that's it. We drove all the way to Stanley park right after and did nothing there too. I mean if they never lived here before yeah why not go but if you've lived here for more than 10 years then its stupid to take a random drive up to look at nothing.

**********

Recently discovered The District, a restaurant at the bottom of lonsdale. Its quite a small place but has great food plus the location is great especially on nice days out I like to sit outside on the patio.

 The menu

 Our drinks (I got a mojito but its not pictured here)

 My friend ordered cure we have no idea what we got 
because the board of meat/cheese was inside

 I've been "trying" to watch my diet lol
since finding out that I have gallstones I've kind of been watching what I've been eating 
so far so good no stomach pains since the results.

I got the warm pear and candied bacon salad... To be honest it was ok but the bacon tasted kind of weird lol. I wish I got the Belgian Salad tons of people ordered it and it looked gooood T_T maybe next time.

 Oven roasted Chicken and Brie Sandwich
Comes with handcut super crispy fries and the tarragon mayo is SO GOOD I'm hooked!

My friend also ordered meatballs and croquettes but the croquettes were too creamy for me
The meatballs also had too much of a creamy texture too >.< not my style

Speaking of food... I'm subscribed to Foodwishes on Youtube and whenever chef John makes something (especially soup) I want to make it lol plus his recipes are so simple, I'm still contemplating whether or not I should make the chocolate bundt cake.. but no one but me will eat it T_T

The other day I attempted to make the Sopa De Ajo he made which is a garlic/bread soup

 I basically made it the exact way he did it but I didn't have Parsley on hand so I had to omit that ingredient

 Had a little trouble with poaching the egg it fell all the way to the bottom of the pot T_T
but I felt like it was too much for this soup anyways so next time I make it I won't put the egg in

Ok it looks unappealing in this photo but it was so delicious! OMG I can't wait to make this again :D

**********

Opened up one of the red lipsticks I picked up last time I went to the States! By Revlon #740 Certainly Red (Super Lustrous Lipsticks)

 How red! I'm used to wearing a darker shade of red so this was quite refreshing!

Oh my can you see how red my skin is? 
Lol have to start wearing some BB creams/foundation >.<

I think I might just try all of the lipsticks and take photos so you can get an idea of how they all look. I'm looking for the 02 matte lipstick by Revlon but I'm not sure if I want a matte lipstick or not... I do want a nude and these are super affordable as it is so I might as well give a try next time I see them.

I also picked up two more lipsticks recently so you can see which colors they are if you follow me on instagram and other purchases too.

Don't Forget To:

Follow me on Twitter!

Email me for Future Posts!

Check out my Instagram @StylePop101

No comments:

Post a Comment