Monday, March 11, 2013

Samgyupsal: Korean Pork (Steve's Way)

As I mentioned in the previous post I wanted to show you how to make samgyupsal Steve's way.
We eat this at home maybe once or twice a month on a regular basis and Steve and his family also like eating it for special occasions. I personally would eat this like everyday if I could but I put so much garlic into it Steve would kill me LOL.

 What you'll need generally:
Pork belly slices (or you can get a big hunk of it and cut it yourself)
Leaf lettuce or romaine lettuce will work
Ssamjang dipping paste (Steve's mom likes to make her own but you can buy it already made)
Also kimchi and rice!

This is what the ssamjang paste container generally looks like and its generally sold beside the red pepper paste

 Steve says that the thicker the pork belly slices are the better

 Pan fry! no oil needed!

Meanwhile slice the garlic!

 cut in slices!
Some people like to fry the garlic in the pork fat but I generally don't but Steve likes the option

 Also cut up the meat with a pair of scissors to make it smaller (not pictured here)

 If your gonna fry more don't forget to wipe out the fat
Steve's sister likes to fry the kimchi in the fat of the pork I have to admit it tastes good but to me its just too greasy >.<

Shazaam!

and enjoy!

Eat it in one bite! if you bite it in half chances are the juices from the kimchi will run down your mouth (how lovely lol) now there are tons of variations but this is the easiest for us. 

In Korea if you go to some restaurants they'll also give you a side dish of onions marinated in a sweet sauce to go with it or some green onion salad which is generally mixed with a spicy sauce to put in your lettuce wrap.

Give it a try!

Don't Forget To:

Follow me on Twitter!

Email me for future posts!

Check out my Instagram @StylePop101

No comments:

Post a Comment