Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Revlon: ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick


 #045 Supermodel

I'm starting to become quite the drugstore junkie! Its not a bad thing, I like looking for good products at great prices. I know some girls that think that expensive products are the best products but as most of you readers know that's not always the case.

For some reason I've been really drawn to Revlon lip colors probably because I really liked their Super Lustrous Lipsticks and they're reasonably priced. Personally I don't want to pay more than $15 for a lip product especially if I like the formula and color payoff and I want more colors I don't want to pay $70 for two lip products (unless I was super rich I guess) I will start purchasing other brands soon so don't think I will only buy Revlon products lol.

 This probably isn't the season for mauve lipsticks but I like the color anyways

The lid is a bit hard to take off but if you are throwing it into your purse you won't have to worry about it popping off. When you turn the applicator to use the product out it makes a clicking sound which I find kind of annoying lol, especially if I'm out in public and re-applying I want to put my products on quietly lol, I guess its just a personal preference.

As for the overall look of the product, I like that the lid is clear since you can see what the actual color is (instead of looking at a sticker at the bottom or something) but it does make it look like a cheaper product (even though it is a cheap product already)

Swatch 
The color pay off is alright
I wish it was more pigmented though

 Don't mind my crappy skin at the moment >.<
Left: With the Ultimate Suede Lipstick on
Right: No lipstick or lip product on

I like the subtlety of the lip color but I find this lipstick a little sticky and drying.. it could be just mine but I don't know if I want to go out and buy another one to see if that is sticky too lol. I asked Ashley to try it last time we saw each other, she thought it was sticky too.. so yeah... lol.

Overall I think I will stick with the Super lustrous Lipsticks over this product, so personally I don't think I'll purchase this again. Give it a shot though, I wanna know if you guys think that this is drying and sticky on your lips too!


Don't Forget To:

Follow me on Twitter!


Check out my Instagram @StylePop101

No comments:

Post a Comment