Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Nature Republic: Truffle [EX] Wrinkle Emulsion and Toner

Wrinkle Toner & Emulsion enriched with truffle mushroom 
extracts for wrinkle improvement

Its been a while!

In a previous post I mentioned that I purchased this at the Nature Republic store in Hawaii. Its not that I have wrinkles but I was starting to notice (or think) that my pores were getting a bit droopier. Then again it could have been the hot weather during that time. I also previously reviewed the sleeping mask for this line here.

Long Glass Bottles

One thing I really like about this Nature Republic brand is that the packaging feels and looks really expensive but the cost of the overall product is really really reasonable. One thing I worry about is accidentally smashing these on the floor lol.

The down side

One thing I really don't like about this product is the design of the bottle... Its kind of hard to dispense the product inside, you really have to give it a good shake upside down to make sure all the emulsion comes out. The toner is fine you don't need to shake it to dispense but since the emulsion is thick you have to shake it pretty good lol, I wish there was a pump instead.

I've used the toner and emulsion for a few months now (only for my night skincare routine) and I've noticed how much more toner I've used in comparison to the emulsion so I would say buy two toners and one emulsion if you think you will use up all the product.

Its pretty thick and creamy
(and old lady hands LOL)

The toner is a thicker toner its not super watery and its not as sweet smelling like the emulsion. It doesn't absorb right away but you can feel it absorb into your skin.

The emulsion has a mushroomy scent (duh! it has truffle essence in it) I'm not the best at describing scents... but to me it smells sweet and earthy if that makes sense. To me it feels a little bit oily and thick (a little goes a long way) and I honestly don't need a moisturizer after I use it. If you have oily skin and you're thinking of using it during the day you'll probably have super oily skin lol because it feels quite heavy, I'll lounge around the house during the night and can feel my skin feeling oily.

So! Does it get rid of wrinkles? or minimize the appearance of them?

Honestly the overall feel of my skin has softened and tightened a bit since I've started using this product. As for wrinkles, I don't really have any to begin with except for some laugh lines but I'll probably need something stronger than this to get rid of. My skin is pretty sensitive too and this hasn't broken me out in case you are wondering. So if you are looking for something that will minimize the look of your wrinkles, I don't think this is for you.
 

Don't Forget To:

Follow me on Twitter! @StylePop101

Email me at StylePop101@gmail.com for future posts!

Check out my Instagram @StylePop101

No comments:

Post a Comment