Sunday, June 9, 2013

Healthy Hair and Tips!

Subtle changes can effect the way your hair is.

This is how short my hair was about 3 years ago (July 2010)
>.<

Every day I used to wash my hair, blow dry it at the highest heat setting, and then straighten it. Sometimes I would use heat protectant products in my hair but usually I didn't.

My hair is thin and fine but its gotten slightly thicker with small changes I did with my haircare routine, which I thought would never happen, I guess it just takes time. I started noticing changes after half a year of changing the way I style my hair and take care of it

(if you already do these things then good for you! if you have any tips leave a comment below)

Click below

  Half a year later (January 2011)

 Organix Anti-breakage Keratin Oil Shampoo/Conditioner
and Treatment

Washing: I wash my hair every other day, every two days if it doesn't look too gross by the third day. If you wash your hair every day you are stripping your hair of its natural oils which help protect the scalp and hair shafts and prevents hair from drying out.

You spread the oil by actually brushing your hair to coat it which is a good thing (it nourishes your hair by distributing the oil) but over brushing leads to breakage as well.

When I use shampoo I generally focus on my roots and slowly move the product down to my ends. When I use conditioner I do the opposite I focus the product on my ends and slowly move it up to my roots. After I finish a bottle of shampoo, I switch it to a different formula (same brand)

Drying: I used to blow dry my hair at the highest heat setting, I did have the cool option but I chose not to use it because it would take longer to dry. I've been slowly trying to go down in temperature while blow drying, right now I'm on the warm setting on my dryer so hopefully when I use the cool temperature my hair will get even healthier! Time management is key when you start using a lower heat setting.

Styling tools: I actually no longer straighten my hair. I gave my straightener to Ashley since its small and compact. I use a comb and brush my hair to style it now, I've noticed it doesn't wave in certain parts so that's a bonus. I'm not saying don't use heat styling tools but give your hair a break every now and then, if you are styling it everyday with heat use a heat protectant and if you are I suggest using a hair oil afterwards to re-nourish your hair.

Biosilk Silk Therapy Oil

Nourishment: I use a hair mask once or twice a week just to replenish my hair. I find that though it makes my hair oilier after using it after a day so I tend to use the mask on days where I know I won't be going out the next day.

Generally after drying and styling I put oil onto my hair. I find that other than keeping it from going dry and nourishing your hair it also smooths your hair out after styling too so its a bonus.

Night Care: Some people don't really do anything to their hair before they go to sleep. Generally after I finish with my night skincare routine I brush my hair and apply oil throughout my hair just to keep it nourished, concentrating mostly on the ends but I do apply to the top. I personally apply oil to my hair twice a day unless I don't wash my hair then its just applied once and just at the ends. I use the Biosilk Silk therapy oil.


Constipation face lol
(A year and 8 months later - August 2012)


Tips on Hair growth!

Don't trim it that often:

I think the general rule of thumb is to trim it every 4-6 weeks (honestly I think its for people who are happy with their current length and want to keep it where its at), but if you're doing that then all the time you've spent growing it out the last few months has gone to waste since your cutting it off.

I get my hair trimmed when I see signs of split ends and I only cut a little bit off. If you don't have a trustworthy hair salon/stylist who just does whatever they want just do what I do. I tell them in advance that if they don't cut my hair the way I want then I will not pay them, you seem like a dick but you're not paying them to do whatever they want.

You are paying them for a service so they might as well do it the way YOU want not they way they want and generally they will say that "this haircut will suit your face better" it might suit your face but if you just want a trim, get a trim don't get suckered into a ridiculous hair style that will look weird as you grow it out. When I go get my hair done now the guy that cuts it always asks me where to cut it before he actually cuts it because I will yell at him LOL.

Don't do anything to it:

Try limiting yourself to dying your hair or doing any major damage to it. You don't want your hair to break halfway of growing it out. Split ends I would say are inevitable but keeping your ends nice and healthy will slow down the process.

I'm open to any new products I should try! So If you have any tips or tricks let me know below!
(I might do a video on this.. lol)


Don't Forget To:

Follow me on Twitter!

Email me at StylePop101@gmail.com for future posts!

Check out my Instagram @StylePop101

No comments:

Post a Comment