Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Things for Hawaii

 Snorkel Gear

I know our trip isn't till the end of next month but we're so excited to go we started ordering shit online for our trip >.< lol!

I really haven't gotten anything for myself in quite a while so I did splurge quite a bit.. I kind of regret buying some of this stuff because I know after this trip I probably won't be using it again for quite a while.

Both Steve and I got this snorkel gear set on Amazon (my set cost $59.99 in US dollars and Steve's was $34.99 in US dollars) My set cost more because I need the life vest because I seriously can't swim and will die in the ocean -__-' 

We didn't want to rent the gear because we both know that we're gonna go in the water basically everyday that we're there plus I read that it can get quite expensive renting the gear but I'm not entirely sure about that. But at least we'll have gear like this ready for future trips :)

Set includes:
-Drawstring bag (good for keeping all the gear together, plus its a net bag so its easier to keep water out and sand)
-Goggles (although Steve had to exchange his because his goggles were shattered when they arrived.. lol) 
-Flippers (which are adjustable, I'm a size 6-6.5 in shoe size and I got the small fin set)
-Dry Snorkel
-Life Vest (inflatable so easy to pack!)

Haven't tested this set out yet. I'm going to go to my friends house to test it out in her pool hahaha.

 Macadamia Hair Mask

Last time I went to Hawaii and went into the ocean my hair got FUCKED. Its because of the salt water - dried my hair. Luckily, Ashley brought this hair mask last time but in a big tub and it was so awesome, my hair was so soft and moisturized afterward. So I ordered one from Amazon so I can bring it!

 Midi/Maxi Skirt

This skirt.. lol. I got this skirt from Aritzia and I'm pretty sure its supposed to be a midi skirt for normal sized people, but on me it works as a maxi skirt LOL. Its really flowy so it'll be great for our trip. The only problem I have is trying to match a top with this skirt but otherwise I can't wait to wear this for our trip!

 Fit and Flare T-shirt Dress

I got this dress from Urban Outfitters here in Vancouver (West Vancouver to be exact) for like $80+! I was like the hell! lol I wish our Canadian dollar wasn't so weak T_T

This dress is also light and flowy and the back has a cut out piece which isn't overly exposing but its a nice detail. I tried looking for a link for this dress but I guess its not available on the website?

*I'll add pics of me wearing these pieces a bit later, probably when I write a post about our trip.

Flowy dress!

I got this dress from Aritzia and I've actually been eyeing this dress for quite a while and was actually super lucky getting this in the store because it was the absolute last one! Plus! It was in my size! Although I think I might be a size small because its kind of loose in the belly area... I just noticed too that this dress is sold out online too so yay! it was meant to be!

Since its our 5 year anniversary coming up I wanted a nice but casual dress to wear for dinner. I donated tons of my old clothes that I don't wear anymore so I don't really have anything like this.

 Selfie Stick

Yep... lol. I was totally against these things for the longest time because they just look so stupid but then I used one of my friends and it actually takes nice pictures! I thought this would be nice for vacation photos and it was like $14 on Amazon or something and it has bluetooth!! So I don't have to set my photo timer every time I want to take a photo or multiple photos, especially if I take a bad photo and I don't have to wait 5-10 seconds every time I want to take a photo.

 Biore Sunscreen

I have a Kose sunscreen that I wanted to bring but I realized it isn't waterproof so I ordered this one since it is SPF 50+ and it is waterproof. Japanese Biore products are actually really great compared to the North American counterpart. Also, this one is quite milky and thin in comparison to other sunscreen lotions.

 Victoria's Secret Bikini

I got a new bikini for our trip! I also have the other bikini I previously wore to Hawaii that I'm also going to bring. This one just makes my boobs look better LOL.


That's all for now! I think I bought too much stuff for a 5 day trip lol but then again I haven't really bought myself anything in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment