Monday, July 27, 2015

Hawaii - Day 2

 Good Morning Day 2!

Basically I planned the whole trip because Steve didn't want to plan anything till the last day... For day 2 we went to Hanauma Bay for some snorkeling. We had to wake up early to make sure we got a parking spot ($1 parking fee at the park) so we skipped breakfast T_T

 Our rental car

The GPS I used on my phone brought us to the wrong park.. the real park was like 15-20 minutes away from where we were.

 Hanauma Bay

Its such a beautiful place to be, I just wish there were less people lol

 Cool water

The last time I came here there seemed to be less rocks.. lol. I tried to swim without a life vest but.. it didn't work out, Steve was like "seriously?" yes, seriously I was never taught how to swim.

For survival!

I was probably the only adult that had one of these on LOL but I don't care!

Remember that underwater case I got?

Yeah it didn't work too well, I remember reading the reviews on amazon and people saying that they could use their touchscreen phones underwater, yeah its not true lol. Water protection was great but otherwise its just like a waterproof bag, and you could imagine how paranoid I was putting my phone in there.

Moved to the left side

We went to the right side at first but we decided to go to the other side to see if there was anything better to see in the water, but it was the same, a bit deeper.

Note: Bring your own food! Last time I came here with Ashley we brought chicken mcnuggets lol but the food place they have at the top is so expensive $5 for a small thing of french fries and $10 for a tiny cheeseburger -___-' not worth it.

Took the top off

Steve was so excited to take the top off of this Jeep, it was a nice ride but I really didn't want to get more tan LOL and plus I hate wind.

We went back to the hotel to drop off our stuff and to take a nice shower.

Curry House Coco Ichibanya

Craving some Japanese curry and some katsu O..O

Its a small restaurant, had probably like 10 seats or less so we got our food to go and ate at the food court nearby. This place is cash only too and they have Japanese drinks (I got the melon soda ^_^)

Chicken Cheese and Tako ball

Best katsu I've had in a LONG time. The chicken was so crispy and so juicy. I wish the curry was a bit spicier but otherwise it was so good! Really filling and was like $10

Steve got the Tako ball one, it was alright lol, he wished he got the pork one or something since he does eat a lot.

After we ate, we just wandered around the Ala Moana mall and then we headed back to the hotel for a nap.

OH! I forgot to mention, When we were walking around the Waikiki area I wanted to find the Nature Republic but it wasn't there, I thought they closed it and we came across it at the Ala Moana mall! Boy was I happy lol.

Kyung's Seafood

Alright! So we went to Kyung's Seafood for dinner for day 2 for some sashimi and more Korean food. Seriously, all the places we went to had like Korean food lol. Steve drank again of course but we shared a bottle of soju and Hite beer together - which got me drunk so fast lol.

We ordered the small sashimi plate which was $30 US (we wish we got the medium), Seafood pancake, fish cake soup and steamed dumplings (I wanted the fried one but Steve wouldn't let me get it -__-')

Dumplings and Fishcake soup

We did order a lot for 2 people. The dumplings were ok, I wish we got the fried one lol. The soup was good though not very heavy and pretty comforting - they give you a huge bowl of it.

Our seafood pancake

Hands down, the best seafood pancake I've had. Steve even said that he's never had one like this, not even in Korea. Its so thick and crispy and full of veggies and seafood T_T SO GOOD!

Look at that inside!

We walked to Mcdonalds afterwards for an ice cream to sober up before we drove back to the hotel. We had to sleep early because we were heading to the North Shore the day after and we were pretty exhausted from being in the sun earlier.

See you in day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment