Sunday, September 30, 2012

Recipe: Kimchi Pancake

 Post by Amanda

 So this is probably the only Korean dish I can cook without fucking it up too bad besides instant ramen. I watched Maangchi make Kimchi Pancakes on youtube and I have been craving these like mad lately. After I watched the video I was like "I have all that stuff!" EXCITEMENT! :D

I don't have exact measurements as I just eyeballed everything and added flour bit by bit until it was the consistency I wanted.

 This is probably the only different ingredient I put in than maangchi's.
We had some left over Pork belly slices
so I sliced them thinly and fried them.

 I don't know how to make kimchi (I think it would turn out horrible)
but we have store bought which is just as good.

 In a bowl I put the kimchi in and took a pair of scissors and cut it up. 
I don't like big chunks of kimchi in the pancakes.

 Add a spoonful of sugar so its not so sour

 Add onions

 I added about 3 spoonfuls of flour. If the batter is too thick add a little water. 
I added a little water and a few drips of sesame seed oil to add extra flavor and make it not too thick.

 Mix mix mix

 I used the same pan I cooked the pork belly in because it had lots of the pork fat still in it, 
it gives a bit more flavor and I don't have to add more oil.

 Preheat your pan and pour it in when its hot!

 flatten out your pancake to make sure it cooks evenly through

 I flipped it SO BAD

And finished! I know it looks a little burned but it turned out way better than I expected. The flavor from the pork fat cooking with the kimchi made it so delicious. Plus recooking the sliced pork with the pancake makes the pork extra crispy so it does give the pancake an extra crunch :D


Steve: Holy shit! How did you make this? Did my mom teach you?
Me: No that Korean lady from youtube did
Steve: Oh.. Make me more!

OH YEAH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment